3000L, 4WD Appliance
A 34 appliance (pronounced as 'three - four appliance'), carries around 3000 litres of water and has 4 wheel drive capability.
This is the most common type of appliance in the CFS.
Varieties exist within this type of appliance and the following are some of these
- 34 Rural, which carries the standard stowage. (34R)
- 34 Pumper, with extra outlets on the pump, and space for a additional equipment such as breathing apparatus, or road crash rescue. (34P)
- 34 Urban / Rural Pumper, with extra BA sets, larger pump and equipment space for carrying extra equipment such as road crash rescue. (34URP)
A 34 appliance is suitable for all terrain conditions and is suitable for combating rural incidents and urban responses. It carries a basic set of equipment, with additional specialist equipment being carried, depending upon individual brigade requirements.
A 34 will carry a basic set of equipment, which may include:
Additonal equipment may be carried, depending on individual brigade requirements. Equipment carried may include:
- Breathing Apparatus
- Haligan tool
- Hydraulic Road Crash Rescue equipment
- Hazardous Materials Equipment
- Ceiling pike
- Rescue Stretcher
- Oxygen kit
- Trauma Teddy
- Absorbant material (for oil spills etc)
- Additional lighting
- Salvage sheet
- Positive Pressure Ventilation fan
Please Note: The above information is provided as an example of a typical
appliance of this type. Actual equipment and configuration of appliances
may vary to suit requirements of the station to which it belongs.