Stabilising a patient
Medical equipment carried on an Ambulance is to assist the crew to stabilise a
patient before transferring them to a hospital or clinic. It may also
assist in recussitation of a patient if required.
The equipment will include the following items
- Phillips HeartStart MRx monitor/defibrillator
- Red Kit (Trauma/Haemorrhage kit, features dressings, trauma shears, bandages, saline for irrigation, Sodium Chloride 0.9% 500mL bags for IV infusion, IV giving set etc)
- Blue Kit (Airway kit, features all the equipment needed to clear and secure an airway like forceps and oropharyngeal airways and endotracheal tube airways, the bag-valve-mask to ventilate patient etc)
- Yellow drug kit (sits in the red kit, carries all the emergency medicines like adrenaline and ventolin etc, plus cannulation equipment)
- Green O2 sock, carries a C size oxygen cylinder plus deliver devices such as a face mask.
- Portable suction unit
- Maternity kit
Photographs on this page taken by the CFS Promotions Unit